Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ugh!

I am somehow motivated to keep going and finish my work. My teacher knows I wasn't listening yesterday in class and now has rubbed it in my face and everyone else's face to see. There was an exercise and I couldn't find the record in OCLC. So I looked it up in the Library of Congress website. First I told her I looked it up in the LCSH name heading database when she asked me if it was a site or database - and I showed her. She stopped the class abruptly and then demonstrated to the class how I was wrong. There was no see reference beside it -- meaning it was not a valid subject heading. And it can't be subdivided geographically because there is a line - and she said that is what we learned today in class -- and I knew that. but somehow she sounded accusatory as if she was putting me down. "To clarify, you should be using the online Library of Congress authority files (names and subject) available through OCLC's Connexion for all the subject heading exercises assigned." and she posted this to everyone in the class.. omg.. and dad giving a lady the onceover at the restaurant -- it made me sick.. omg.. and then yelling at tme for screwing up the lock..and here I had to ask him for help in the end.. I feel so stupid a;ready and I don't need this people to make me feel even more stupid.. shit.. Okay.. I am logging off now..and leaving typos etc in..did one exercise.. three more to go...

No comments: